Install LC on Chromebook

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Feb 19 15:51:25 EST 2022

On 2/17/22 5:40 PM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:
> On 2/17/22 13:52, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> Now I can't uninstall it. The tutorial says to use "sudo apt-get remove
>
> There's a tutorial?

Not exactly, I meant the web page I was reading when trying to get this to work.

Yes. You and everybody else said that was the way to do it. :)

> In that case
> cd ~/.runrev/components
> livecode<theVersionYouInstalled>/setup.x86_64 uninstall

Thank you, this seemed to work. I got the LC uninstaller dialog and it did its thing.

> I still have the dream that someday the team will figure out that it's actually easy to create
> a real linux installer and then we won't need to jump through these hoops.

I'm just glad you know what to do. I do wish LC would give some attention to the
Chromebook/Linux/Android universe. That's where the education market is. I didn't expect LC to
run perfectly on Chromebook Linux, but I also didn't think it would crash so spectacularly.
Teaching LC to students on Chromebooks is definitely right out. Which is a shame because there
are so many of them now.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com