Install LC on Chromebook

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Feb 17 16:29:28 EST 2022

On 2/17/22 2:00 PM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:
> Granted I know next to nothing about chromebooks, but it appears that root access is possible
> according to
>
> https://www.howtogeek.com/210817/how-to-enable-developer-mode-on-your-chromebook/

I ran my old Lenovo in Developer mode exclusively because that used to be the only way to
install third-party apps on a Chromebook, and I wanted to install the Android LC apps I built.
Mostly they worked okay until recently.

But you do lose a lot of the security measures when you do that. Google recently provided a way
to run in normal secure mode and install your own apps via adb. That does work, I'm happy to
say. So I decided to keep my new Chromebook in normal mode which is largely unhackable.

But no go on the LC experiment. The machine went down in flames.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com