lcb missing manual

Sean Cole sean at pidigital.co.uk
Wed Aug 31 10:26:15 EDT 2022

The subject of the dictionary has long been one of contention. One that I
have often spoken up and been shouted down about (nb, I'm not making
accusations or flames :) ). But I also understand the great amount of
resources this would take to produce decent, up to date guides and
indices of all the terms and libraries. LC's become quite the behemoth and
I doubt any one individual could carry it out. Indeed, even a bunch of us
during past HacktoberFests only achieved a percentage of it.

The AI thing Kevin showed us some time ago showed promise. But I'm not sure
how far off that is from seeing the light of day. Hopefully soon if I
haven't already missed it. But, even so, a lot of the examples, language
and syntax are out of date or incomplete so would still need some work.

As someone who eats manuals and dictionaries for brunch I'd love to be part
of the team to put it together as I have in the past. But I guess it would
depend on LCL having the resources to put into it. I would hope they see it
as important as we do.

All the best

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 at 13:53, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <