Standardize Font Appearance

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Aug 30 19:12:47 EDT 2022

Hi all.

I'm at the point now where I want to clean up the appearance of all my projects across all platforms. For instance, I have a Time Calculator stack that calculates total time for any number of start/stop/lunch entries. I have heretofore left my field and label fonts at the default, which for MacOS is <whateveritis>. But when I create a standalone for Windows, the size of that text is larger, and so any labels I have overflow the label and only show me part of the text.

What I want to do is set up my environment so that whatever font I use in the MacOS uses, there is an identical font on the Windows side as well. I know there is a way to embed fonts in a project, but I don't really understand how that works.

If I use a font that exists in both Mac and Windows, a common web font for instance, they do not look at all the same on both platforms. Verdana is a good example. I am not averse to purchasing a font family or two and statically setting my font, size and style for every object, so long as the Windows and MacOS look (reasonably) the same.

Any ideas?

Bob S