BN Guides

Niggemann, Bernd Bernd.Niggemann at uni-wh.de
Mon Aug 29 18:25:29 EDT 2022

> Richard Gaskin via use-livecode Mon, 29 Aug 2022 13:53:13 -0700
>
> Geoff Canyon wrote:
>
> > Okay, so it looks like BN Guides works by assigning behaviors to
> > controls and temporarily adding controls to your stack as you drag
> > things. I think this is meant to be transient as you drag controls.
>
> Instinctively I'd be inclined to try a frontscript before something as intrusive as altering an object's behavior property for something this transient.
>
> But Bernd does good work, so I'm curious: why this approach and not a frontScript?

Actually I was experimenting and wanted to use behaviors dynamically at the time when I wrote this. A proof of principle if you want. It worked surprisingly well.
That is why I sticked to behaviors. After fixing some edge cases it even removes the behaviors correctly...
At the time there were no guides available for LC.

But as of LC 10 Guidelines will be part of the IDE and that looks and works really well. (LC uses a backScript)

Kind regards
Bernd