BN Guides

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 11:26:58 EDT 2022

Okay, so it looks like BN Guides works by assigning behaviors to controls
and temporarily adding controls to your stack as you drag things. I think
this is meant to be transient as you drag controls. Navigator out of the
box assumes that behaviors are what you're interested in when you
double-click to edit a script, so if BN Guides has assigned a behavior, it
opens the script BN Guides assigns as the behavior.

If I'm right and the assignment of behaviors is supposed to be the case
only while you're dragging, then simply deselecting the dragged controls
should correct this.

If there's an issue with BN Guides, or you want to be *sure* to open the
control's script, and not a behavior, you can:

1. In Navigator Preferences, you can choose what to do on double-click --
and double-click with many modifier keys. If all of your scripts are in the
actual controls, then select "Edit Script" for "Double-click" instead of
the default "
2. Right-click a command-bar and select "Edit Script" as the action for
that command bar, and then click it to edit the control's script.

At some point I considered updating the script menu to display all the
controls in the behavior chain. Anyone feel free to let me know if that's a
necessary thing.

gc

On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 12:06 PM matthias rebbe via use-livecode <