Sorting [was: Polygrid sorting]

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Aug 15 19:35:28 EDT 2022

Datagrids have this feature, so yes, I would expect there to be some way to specify what kind of sort you want to do. But it would have to be on a per column basis.

But if you are sorting the text yourself, you can use the syntax: sort lines of tText by item n of each.

I don't think any assumptions should be made by the engine as to what kind of data each column contains. I worked with an accounting system many years ago which had numeric invoice numbers, or so it seemed. Once you created a credit memo, it prepended R to the invoice number.

Bob S