Polygrid sorting (problems)

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Aug 15 19:22:15 EDT 2022

On 15/08/2022 20:34, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:
> So there is an example of sorting in the PolyGrid documentation under
> the entry for the MESSAGE "headerClick" and under the entry to the
> PROPERTY "text" (and in 'the text of me')
>
> The example code only sort the visible rows as "the text of widget X"
> returns the data of PolyGrid X as tab delimited, WITHOUT the column
> headers, but ONLY the visible rows.

I'm using (I think) the latest version
(com.livecode.widget.polygrid.1.1.1) and I don't see that problem at all.

Both "the text and "the pgtext" return the entire grid (without headers).

I haven't tried csvdata or tsvdata (they're not listed in the
dictionary, so I'd tend to avoid them if possible.

And come to think of it - why did they need to invent a new property
name "pgText" ?  It seems to be a synonym for "the text", so would it
not have been better to just use that ?  Full consistency with many
other controls, no added "mental clutter", and "the text" colours nicely
in the script editor, so more obvious if you mistype it.

Alex.