Server globals

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Aug 12 19:36:34 EDT 2022

Hi Tim,

I think there are many easy ways to do this - and many not-so-easy ones too.

IMO, easiest for something simple like this is to just use the url.

See tweedly.net/page_by_url.txt for the code, or try it out at
tweedly.net/page_by_url.lc

(or try tweedly.net/page_by_url.lc?row=14 )

You can do something very similar using a cookie, with the 'row' value
stored in the cookie each time (remember to "put cookie ..." before
*any* other output.)

Or by using the cookie to hold the name of a file in which you store
this kind of info. This is necessary if you need to store a lot of data
- if there is not already a cookie, create a filename using something
like uuid(), and store the file name in it - then retrieve the cookie,
and read or write the file.

Alex.