Email via IMAP with HTML body from a template

Charles Warwick charles at techstrategies.com.au
Thu Aug 11 02:16:03 EDT 2022

Hi Sean,

After reading your second e-mail, I see that you don't want to use mimeEncodeFieldAsMIMEMultipartDocument to generate the HTML version of the e-mail body from a field as it does in that sample stack.

If you want to create your own HTML and plain text versions of the e-mail body, you can still use that sample stack.  Simply replace the following line:

put mimeEncodeFieldAsMIMEMultipartDocument(the long id of field "email_message") into tBody

With something like this:

put “Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8” & crlf into tHeadersPlain
put “Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable” after tHeadersPlain
put “<Plain Text Version Here>” into tBodyPlain
put tHeadersPlain & crlf & crlf & \
mimeEncodeForMIMETransfer(tBodyPlain, “quoted-printable”) into tContent[1]

put “Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8” & crlf into tHeadersHTML
put “Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable” after tHeadersHTML
put “<HTML Version Here>” into tBodyHTML
put tHeadersHTML & crlf & crlf & \
mimeEncodeForMIMETransfer(tBodyHTML, “quoted-printable”) into tContent[2]

put mimeEncodeAsMIMEMultipartDocument(tContent, “alernative”)

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Charles