Datagrid internal error

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Aug 10 11:11:00 EDT 2022

I was referring to dgNumberOfRecords

	• get the dgNumberOfRecords
	• set the dgNumberOfRecords of group "DataGrid" to 20
	• Getting the dgNumberOfRecords is the same as getting the dgNumberOfLines. Setting the dgNumberOfRecords has a special significance however. If you set the dgNumberOfRecords then you are telling the data grid that you know how many total records there are and you are going to supply the data for each record on an as-needed basis. This is useful when you have data in a database cursor that you would like to feed into the data grid.
After setting this property the data grid will send the GetDataForLine message to the data grid whenever it needs to display data for a particular line. You can define this command in the data grid script or elsewhere in the hierarchy. The definition is as follows:

command GetDataForLine pLine, @pDataA

end GetDataForLine

You should fill pDataA with the appropriate data based on the line of data being requested. pDataA should not have a numeric index. It is the array that would be assigned to one of the numeric indexes if you were assigning the dgData property.

Bob S