Dispatch / Send / Wait with/without Messages

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Wed Aug 3 12:56:28 EDT 2022

I'm having the same epiphany as Paul did below. The cornucopia of
flexibility(and gotchas) that LC's message path model provides using:
1) Standard issue calling of commands and functions.
2) Engine messages
3) Send (optionally in time)
4) Dispatch
5) Wait in time with/without messages
6) exit to top

And any others that I left out or don't know about can do things that I
never could have imagined when I first found LC. Although I use all the
above there's probably combinations I can't wrap my head around without more
info. This would be a great as a dedicated chapter in a book and/or a Dr
Mark W symposium followed by Q&A at the next RR Live. There seems to be a
lot of app power/error prevention in the message path gold. For a newbie the
LCs message path gold would be very attractive if it was only well
documented and advertised.

My 2 cents...

Now back to changing some "wait with messages" to plain old waits to prevent
users from clicking and getting my code into trouble now-and-again.

Thanks to all on the list for this info!!!

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net