Single Window LC IDE?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Apr 27 11:49:31 EDT 2022

On 4/27/2022 10:06 AM, David V Glasgow via use-livecode wrote:

>> On 27 Apr 2022, at 2:17 pm, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>
>>   they not only discussed it, but they demo'd it
> … and referred to it as a “new ‘dock windows’ capability”.    Which sounds like it will still be each to his/her own.

Well, if the language isn't updated to support dockable windows then
that sucks! I've coded dockable windows in LC script currently. Each of
2 Windows has a group that contains all the relevant functions of the
windows. One window has a dock/undock control outside it's groups.
Docking moves the groups to the 1st window and remove the window so now
the 1st window contains the 2 functional groups next to one another. The
groups that was just docked has an undock control. Clicking it move that
group back to it's own window which appears and is sized appropriately
and the 1st window is resized for just the single group.

It is a pain to script and it would make single vs multiple window
layout management much easier if it was built into the language in some way.