Single Window LC IDE?

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Tue Apr 26 17:11:11 EDT 2022

I'm with you, Craig. There has never been a good single-window IDE, ever.
I commented on this issue during the keynote. Kevin said that it would be
an option, but not mandatory.
If LC createss a browser-based IDE, which was discussed, it may be more
difficult to support multiple windows _in_that_workflow_, so I can
understand what they may be thinking about.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 4:23 PM Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <

> I didn't have a chance to ask follow up questions, but I recall Kevin
> saying they were headed towards "dockable windows", presumably meaning
> that all (or many) of the parts of the IDE can be docked into a single
> window view or undocked to separate windows (for example for people with
> multiple monitors doing desktop development. I have no idea if that
> includes the Script Editor, but I might expect that it would.
>
> On 4/26/2022 3:37 PM, Craig Newman via use-livecode wrote:
> > Saw this on Kevin's keynote.
> >
> > Some parts of having such a thing, as opposed to a sea of separate
> palettes, are attractive indeed.
> >
> > But one aspect would prevent me from EVER upgrading to v10, and that is
> if the SE also had to be incorporated into that single window. Anyone know
> if this is in fact planned?
> >
> > Craig

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."