Encountering slow navigation to a card containing very large fields? Do this one simple trick.

David V Glasgow dvglasgow at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 04:06:46 EDT 2022

Hi Richard

> On 16 Apr 2022, at 8:20 pm, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> How many is "many many thousands of lines"?  10k? 100k? More?

Typically 30,000 to 800,000.  One field wrapped (the imported ‘source’ text) and the other a, unwrapped list of found lines containing a keyword.

> Is the data displayed in list fields, or must the line wraps be calculated?

The wrapped line field is locked and doesn’t change after import and is unaffected by the  keyword-containing-lines process.  I suppose a good question is are line wraps recalculated on navigation to the card.