Mobile Image Editing

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Thu Apr 7 22:11:28 EDT 2022

Greetings list people!

I am currently working on a project where we will be editing images on a
mobile device.  I'm running into an issue where the formatted height and
width of the image change.  Most of the images are natively 1600x1200 but
we initially display them scaled to fit on the screen.  When the user does
any edit action at a zoomed out level, the image is downsized to the
current zoom.  Once downsized, if you zoom in on the image and edit, the
formatted size doesn't change.

Is there any way around this?  What we would really like is to edit the
image and keep it at the full resolution.

We are currently using the native LiveCode paint/bucket tools.  Although
most of my testing is in the IDE at the moment, we do use resize handlers
to format for the actual device resolution.

Thanks for any thoughts or pointers,
Brian