Tools & techniques for one-off consolidation of multiple 'similar' CSV files?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at me.com
Mon Apr 4 13:03:27 EDT 2022

Hi folks,
I need to consolidate a couple of hundred CSV files of varying sizes (dozens to hundreds of rows) and column structures (some shared columns but many unique), into a single superset dataset that comprises all data from all files.

There are too many files and columns to attempt a manual process, so in I’ve been trying to achieve this with LiveCode - by iterating through the files to parse the column header rows into into row template and column mapping arrays used to build the combined table. However, I'm struggling to both compile the superset and render the results.

I feel I may be designing a very complicated solution for a problem that has probably been solved before. I wonder if I’m missing a simpler method - with LiveCode or perhaps with Excel or ‘drag & drop’ into some kind of self-organising database GUI for SQLite, etc?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Best,
Keith