IDE line number doesn't update
curry at pair.com
Wed Sep 22 15:56:53 EDT 2021
> I will post a series of reports to the quality list
> and see which ones get bumped as duplicates of others.
No, absolutely DO NOT waste LC Team time with random info.
Re-reporting bugs carelessly (after not reading) would only do harm.
Many on that list had been reported and discussed for a long time.
That was a RECAP list of SE Bugs we've seen including this one.
For your benefit, to get you up to speed. Not a request.
> They can’t fix what hasn’t already been reported.
Yes, that's what I conveyed to you in the email you did not read. :)
SE Line # not updating and SE Performance are separate, different bugs.
Once more: Is there a QA report for THIS Line # not updating issue?
SE Bugs Recap list again, just for FYI:
- Performance and practical script size limit.
- This one, line # updating.
- Messed up handler indentation.
- Disassociation of SE from script's object.
- SE window disappears if too many tabs.
- Excessive disk use (for HDD/antivirus)
- SE confusion about last insertion point/scroll.
- Weird text hilites in SE.
- Messed up drags
- Clipboard affected by SE editing
- Invisible menus in stacks while SE open
- Uncontrollable scrolling
- Null filter needed when pasting
- Certain errors do not trigger debugging
- (Unable to save changes due to above Disassociation)
- (Hard to set breakpoints due to above line # updating)
- SE sometimes doesn't notice a copy or paste keystroke
- "Find in>Docs" will not be noticed by newbies
- Sometimes either "on" or "end" gets clipped/disappears
- (and there are more; this is a few)
Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"
LiveCode Training and Consulting
More information about the use-livecode