LiveCode 10 - what are your thoughts on the new features?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Sep 8 18:03:16 EDT 2021

Okay I told you don't make me come over there and separate you two! ;-)

This actually touches on the arbitrary nature of language. A word only means something because all the parties who want to use that word, agree (whether or not they think they do) that this word will mean this thing. If over time, a culture begins to use the word in a different way or differently in other contexts, it's not because of anything intrinsic to the word, but simply because the parties or societies decided (whether or not they think they have) to "renegotiate".

Therefore your argument (Jacque) has no meaning. Sorry to disappoint you.

Bob S