IDE performance (Re: Suggestion: Non-Appbuilding Community Edition)

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 11:47:00 EDT 2021

Hi Ben,

I did some testing using the CPU% in the task manager - i was trying to do
some more before sending in my results.
It looks like if it has been running for some time but the time is not
"quantified" at the moment as I have not been working
on my project much these last few months.

When I do NOTICE the slowdown you cabn be sure i am not imagining seeing
characters typing 1 per second or 2 or the debugger taking ages to go to
the next step
or the autocomplete stopping working even after a reboot and then starting
again for no apparent reason.

Another real slowdown is when I have the project browser open or the
messagebox - not always to the same extent or to the same sklowdown.

I will install 6 (although if I remember 6 was fine)

Regards Lagi

On Wed, 8 Sept 2021 at 13:14, Ben Rubinstein via use-livecode <

> May I repeat my request that anyone experiencing these issues on Windows
> (Andre, Lagi, Bob), could if possible confirm whether they find the same
> applies using LC 6.7?
>
> It would be good to understand if this has always been an issue, or
> whether it
> came in with the switch to LC7, as we know some other Windows-specific
> speed
> issues did.
>
> Ben
>
> On 08/09/2021 11:17, Andre Garzia via use-livecode wrote:
> > I mean the script editor mostly but also the rest of the ide has a bit
> of jank. Laying out interfaces on Windows has been worse than doing it on a
> Mac. The worse offender is the script editor though.
> >
> >> On 7 Sep 2021, at 23:28, Scott Morrow via use-livecode <
> >>
> >> Andre, when you say “so bad” do you mean the script editor or… ?
> >> --
> >> Scott Morrow

> me to switch back to a mac...

KIndest Regards Lagi