Suggestion: Non-Appbuilding Community Edition

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 19:12:25 EDT 2021

Actually their link is not correct - press on the extras icon - Monkeybread
does some awesome addons
and keeps them upto date.

Some are included put some go way past both the builtin XOJO and LC
"widgets"

Another company's software I used for visual Foxpro and Delphi over the
years was

https://www.chilkatsoft.com/

Look at all the languages they support and livecode isn't on there - they
still support Foxpro which hasn't been developed for 15 years.

ASP, C, C++, C++ Builder, C#, DataFlex, dBase, Delphi, Electron, Excel,
FoxPro,

Java, Mono, Node.js, Objective-C, Perl, PHP, PowerBuilder, PowerShell,
PureBasic, Python, Ruby, SQL, Swift, Tcl,

VB.NET, VB6, VBScript, Xbase++, xHarbour, Xojo

The question is why Livecode isn't there?

Lagi

On Mon, 6 Sept 2021 at 19:54, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode <

> On 06/09/2021 19:07, Lagi Pittas via use-livecode wrote:
> > The biggest error livecode has made all these years is not creating a
> > "working" storefront that doesn't look like it has been totally given up
> on.
> Not sure that's the "biggest" - but yes, I agree it looks unloved.
> > Look at the addons created for XOJO  - and XOJO makes money on those
> >

> > https://xojo.com/store/
> > https://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/
>
> I see a lot of add-ons (for an awful lot of money) for things that come
> built-in with Livecode.
>
> (tongue in cheek) Maybe LCLtd should have the same add-ons page as Xojo,
> but each of them says
>
>     "$0   already included"
>
> Alex.

KIndest Regards Lagi