9.6.4-gm-1 what?

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Sep 6 07:26:51 EDT 2021

So, I launched 9.6.4 today and got a notification to download 9.6.4-gm-1, this is not a version scheme that LC has been using before. I remember them being DP for developer previews, then becoming RC for release candidates, and then stable. I don’t remember Gold Masters in their versions, which I assume would be the stable version.

Now, if I’m downloading 9.6.4-gm-1 now, what have I been running with 9.6.4? I though that was the stable version.

Oh, and the download page still doesn’t list past DP and RCs.