Licensing model change

Keith Martin thatkeith at mac.com
Wed Sep 1 10:39:29 EDT 2021

> On 1 Sep 2021, at 10:02, matthias rebbe via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Whenever I suggested to people, who used the software for creating internally for their company, to support LC at least with a Community Plus subscription, I always got the same answer: Why should I buy a license when I can do everything with the free version.  :

Yes, I can see how people would take that attitude, but it’s really not a great one, not in terms of helping ensure the future of the product.

I had a price-lock Business + HTML5 subscription piggybacking on top of my Indy price-lock one, at least until last week when I had to cancel that piggybacked part. Today I’m no longer fully employed and may never be again (age + health = reality check time), but while I was I kept the Business + HTML5 going as a kind of contribution while I develop Indy-level stuff.