Message Tracer/IDE Crash Recipes

Craig Newman craig at starfirelighting.com
Fri Oct 29 07:59:23 EDT 2021

Curry.

It always happens in the IDE when I am working on my largest desktop project, an eight year old mainStack that contains six substacks. I work on that project only on my main office computer. Invariably I am fooling around between the SE and the mainStack.

It has never happened when I am working on any other stack. I never work on that particular project on any other machine I use, and have never had a crash on any of those others.

So it is limited to one machine and one project. I do have a large second monitor oriented vertically that holds only the SE. I use no fancy stuff, no databases, dataGrids, external files. I use one plug-in that contains a few shortcuts, like being able to right-click and switch between the browse and pointer tool.

The project will run fine for months, in constant use, but then crash. Not reproducible as far as I can tell.

Craig