Number of items

doc hawk dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 12:05:50 EDT 2021

richmond rattled,

> Not as obvious as it seems as with MacOS you can reset many function keys, for
> some odd reason you cannot assign another key to do the "fN" thing.

Sure you can:  settings->keyboard->modifier keys, and you can mix and match capslock, control, escape, command, and fn to the others and escape (I don’t know if you can map the physical escape key for keyboards that have one)

The first thing I do on a new computer or reinstall is fix the key mislabeled capslock to its proper control function.  I then map the silly little key to the right of fn to serve as a typeable escape.