dropShadow knockout

Neville Smythe neville.smythe at optusnet.com.au
Wed Oct 20 22:59:07 EDT 2021

>> Further occasionally the edit box appear to become corrupted
>
> This only happens to me when I accidentally close the edit box via the close decoration and not via the "OK" button.
> The same happens with the edit box for editing gradients.

Thanks for confirming that Bernd.

Closing that corrupted gradient editor via the window decoration control rather than the inaccessible Cancel or OK buttons also leaves the selected graphic in a bad state: resizing it (though not moving it)  corrupts the fillGradient of the target -- it does not modify the points co-ordinates to reflect the new values [IMO an unhappy design decision to use stack co-ordinates rather than target co-ordinates for the from, via and to points in the gradient array]. It apparently leaves the target graphic in edit mode, because it can also display ramp handles in the target control which cannot be removed without relaunching LC.

And speaking of bugs I personally clearly have a proof-reading bug, I cannot believe the number of typos in that last post of mine.

Neville