AW: how to autodetect inclusions in a password protected stack

toolbook at kestner.de toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Oct 15 05:09:55 EDT 2021

Thanks Mark!

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: use-livecode <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com> Im Auftrag von
Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Gesendet: Freitag, 15. Oktober 2021 09:46
An: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
Cc: Mark Waddingham <mark at livecode.com>
Betreff: Re: how to autodetect inclusions in a password protected stack

On 2021-10-15 08:41, Tiemo via use-livecode wrote:
> When you build a standalone, the inclusions can't be detected
> automatically, when the stack is pw protected.
>
> I am working with pw protected stacks and have copied manually the
> needed externals in my externals folder on windows or in the app
> bundle on mac from the beginning of the days.
>
> After years I am asking myself, what the regular approach is. Is there
> is an automated build including the externals with pw protected
> stacks? How is this meant to be done correctly?

If your stacks are password protected then the automated detection process
cannot run as it needs to iterated over all scripts looking for keywords to
suggest what you are using (a process which is, unfortunately, not 100%
reliable).

Therefore, in this case you have to select inclusions manually in the
Standalone Builder and choose the things you use explicitly.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

preferences: