[ANN] bnGuides has been updated

Niggemann, Bernd Bernd.Niggemann at uni-wh.de
Mon Oct 11 18:38:54 EDT 2021

> Bob Sneidar <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=use-livecode@lists.runrev.com&q=from:%22Bob+Sneidar+via+use%5C-livecode%22> wrote

> It was an old version so I imagine that was the issue. I got the new version
> and am testing it in my IDE. I'll let you know if there are any issues.

I think I know what is going on.

Navigator selects the object to indicate the target. That triggers a selectedObjectChanged message.

I naively assumed that would only happen when in "Edit mode" i.e. the tool is the "pointer tool"

If you add the following conditional to the card script in handler revSelectedObjectChanged

on revSelectedObjectChanged
   local tSelected, tSelectedOne

   ## dont set behavior if the tool is not "pointer tool"
   ## i.e. editing layout of controls
   if the tool <> "pointer tool" then
      exit revSelectedObjectChanged
   end if

you should be fine. I will have to put out a new version which catches that.

Kind regards
Bernd