Stack with the same name loop

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Oct 8 11:34:56 EDT 2021

Following convention, the way Word handles Save As is what the majority of apps do. But I have seen an app where save as creates a new file on disk but does NOT open it in memory, completely defying convention! Add to that the confusion Apple introduced with some of their apps, like TextEdit for instance, where they have no Save As, but rather a Duplicate, Rename and Move To options.

The only thing standard these days seems to be that everyone has their own "standards".

Bob S