On the subject of things with the same short name... ('identical' groups which behave differently)

Sean Cole (Pi) sean at pidigital.co.uk
Fri Oct 8 05:58:14 EDT 2021

The message path looks for the first instance it finds with a given name.
As your script is within the group itself, it would be easier (lazier ;) )
to reference to each group as 'me'
eg
lock screen for visual effect in rect (the rect of me)

rather than 'the rect of the long name of me'

Sean

On Fri, 8 Oct 2021 at 10:32, David Glasgow via use-livecode <