Stack with the same name loop

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Thu Oct 7 17:47:55 EDT 2021

On 10/7/21 6:40 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:

> The correct behavior of that dialog is precisely what you would expect
> from the button names:
>
>    1) Cancel - the loading of the new stack does not happen.
>    2) Purge - the existing stack of the same name is removed from memory
> without saving first, and the new stack is loaded.
>    3) Save - the existing stack of the same name is saved and then
> removed from memory, and the new stack is loaded.

Mark-

Thanks muchly for the longish explanation.
The main problem, as I see it, is the lack of any context for what the
buttons do when that dialog appears. My reading of the reloadStack code
more or less agrees with your explanation above, although there seem to
be extra calls to "delete stack" which still don't give me warm fuzzies.
I do what everyone else does when that dialog appears: panic, quit and
restart.

Maybe a different dialog that explains what the various options do?

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com