Stack with the same name loop

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 05:39:44 EDT 2021

I guess it comes down to what different people are doing with LC.

I get the erroneous "this script has been altered externally" message about
3 times a year.
I never get the "A stack with the same name as the one you are trying to
load" unless I really am opening two stacks with the same name.

In my own work I always try to work with the long ID of every control. It's
the least ambiguous thing one can do. The IDE should do the same.

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 12:45 AM J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <