Stack with the same name loop

Brian K. Duck bduck at mac.com
Wed Oct 6 20:01:58 EDT 2021

My process has become:
Save the file in LiveCode.
Close the file from LiveCode, purge from memory.
Switch to Finder (Mac) or Windows Explorer, or QUIT LiveCode,
Duplicate and rename the file,
Open the new file,
Return to LiveCode,
Rename the file in stack properties, if there isa version number in the stack name.

It may be needless to say, this is usually a 1x or 2x a day process.

TL;DR: don’t ’save as,’ save, close, quit LC, duplicate in finder / windows explorer, open new file, rename stack in stack properties - if there is a version no in the stack name.

Even then, I occasionally see the message. Then i repeat and QUIT LiveCode.

Sent from my iPad,
Brian Duck

Sent from my iPad
> On Oct 6, 2021, at 12:57 PM, Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> Can someone give the definitive answer as to what to choose when I save my
> stack with a save as to create a new iterative version and it comes up with
> the prompt :
>      A stack with the same name as the one you are trying to load is
> already open.
>            Save    Purge    Cancel

Option 4: avoid the hassle.