Bug survey

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Tue Nov 2 17:03:31 EDT 2021

François,

i noticed something similar and asked about here in September:

i am currently noticing a massive slow down of the LC 9.6.4 IDE menu. Not right away after opening Livecode IDE, but after some time of usage.
I never noticed that in 9.6.3. Clicking on an main menu entry takes then about 2 or 3 seconds until i can see the submenu
But I am not sure if this is really only an LC problem or due to the fact that i upgraded to Big Sur around the same time as LC 9.6.4 was released.
Currently i only notice this slow down of the menu in 9.6.4 and i am not able to see this in 9.6.3. But maybe i am a little bit to impatient and my testing is too short.
In the activity monitor i cannot see anything unusual. Now large memory consumption of LC and no high CPU usage.
After a restart of LC the IDE menu behaves normal, but some time later it slows down.
Is anyone else experiencing the same or a similar behavior?"
<<

Until now i did not find any solution for this. I really do not know what is causing this and i have no recipe how to reproduce this bug. It just happens...

But if you would file a bug, i would add a comment for this and we would be already 2 that have this problem. Maybe there are more people with this.

Matthias