Message Tracer/IDE Crash Recipes

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Mon Nov 1 11:49:08 EDT 2021

Craig:

 > I never minimize the SE, if that is the required
 > starting point of the bug.

Given a recipe, that's not a conclusion we can draw;
all we know is that this recipe triggers the bug.
Could a variation also trigger the bug? Maybe; try it.

The point is: here I successfully recipe'd a bug
that was as difficult to pin down as your crash,
taking a similar "random" amount of time to trigger.

My recipe was Confirmed and reproduced by the team.
It wasn't easy; that recipe took a while to perfect.

Since yours happened again just the other day,
you should submit a bug report while it's fresh.
Just do your best; maybe someone else will see it
and help figure out a better recipe.

Let's eradicate more bugs! :)

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"
Christian LiveCode Training and Consulting
http://livecodeconsulting.com/