No subject

Fri Nov 19 08:05:59 EST 2021

1.8. How do I turn off HTML messages/attachments?
Mailman 2.0.* has no MIME supports. You will need to use an external MIME
stripping tool for Mailman 2.0.*.

  demime: http://scifi.squawk.com/demime.html
  mimefilter: http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/pool/main/m/mimefilter/
  stripmime: http://www.phred.org/~alex/stripmime.html
  stripmime: http://www.clarity.net/~adam/stripmime/

Notes: There are two different tools called "stripmime".
MimeFilter is written (and packaged for Debian Linux by Davide G. M.
Salvetti, who also packages and maintains the Debian Mailman package.

Typically such tools are used by either inserting them into the aliases used
for the Mailman lists, or by having the Mailman aliases deliver to procmail
which then runs the MIME stripper via a procmail recipe and then delivers
the message to Mailman.

There is also a patch for mailman 2.0.8 at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=413752&group_id=103
&atid=300103 from Geoffrey Dairiki.

Mailman 2.1.* adds some support for manipulating MIME srtuctures.