No subject

Fri Nov 19 08:05:59 EST 2021

you have more than a thousand cards or so, as the
engine will load the entire stack into memory.

If you still want to go for a data stack, you should
have a look at Rob Cozens' Serendipity library, which
contains the SDB database manager.
And in case you'll be doing all of the programming of
the storing/retrieving code yourself, yes you would
have to use 'long' names to refer to the objects in
the data stack.
Or you could use 'send' to trigger messages in that
data stack, which can then refer to 'this stack' and
be working on the right stack -- with limitations, as
you can't 'send' over arrays for example.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

=====