No subject

Fri Nov 19 08:05:59 EST 2021

You can optionally specify either text or binary mode. If you specify
text mode, when you use the write to file command to put data in the
file, any combinations of line feed and return characters are translated
to a single line feed before being written to the file.  If you specify
binary mode, return and line feed characters are not translated. If you
don¹t specify a mode, the file is opened in text mode.

>2) get/put URL might go faster if if you get/put the data into a variable
>and write it out once, rather than writing after each 'get' (slow).

I orignally considered this, but since these combined files may be as big
as 100 MB (or larger) it didn't seem like a good idea. However, what I'm
a bit confused about is that both approaches simply read in files and
append them to another file. Why is one approach so much slower than the
other?

Regards,

Howard Bornstein