[ANN] Release 9.6.2

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Sat May 22 02:19:28 EDT 2021

Jacqueline:

 > Just a data point: yesterday I downloaded 9.6.2 stable directly
 > from the download page and got about 500 kb/second. It took a
 > very long time to get the file.

Yes! That's my typical experience. (Except lower than 500 kb.)
LC download usually takes forever, and sometimes fails altogether.

So in fact, my intention was only to START the 9.6.2 download and come
back later to check on it. The 5 MB/sec was a pleasant surprise!

 > yesterday

Do you remember approx. what time of day?
And was it soon after a release announcement?

My happy 5 MB/sec was at around 2 AM Eastern Time on a weekday.
It was not right after any release announcement.
Also from the download page, not the Updater app.

Perhaps a time of lower LC traffic? Or just a fluke?
Felt great to finish up the DL and run a new IDE within two minutes....

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"