[ANN] Release 9.6.2
panos.merakos at livecode.com
Tue May 18 10:55:32 EDT 2021
Dear list members,
We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 9.6.2 STABLE.
Getting the Release
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
the automatic updater.
LiveCode 9.6.2 STABLE comes with 49 changes since the last stable release
- Support for the newly released MacOS Big Sur
- Support for building with Xcode 12.1, using the iOS 14.1 SDK
- New tsNet and mergExt builds, built with the iOS 14.1 SDK
- Fixed crash with mobilePickPhoto on Android 11
- Fixed 'revIsSpeaking()' function on Windows
- Faster deployment to iOS simulator
- Several fixes related to modal dialogs on MacOS
- Several dictionary fixes and documentation improvements
For the full list of all fixes, updates and enhancements please see the
- The Browser widget's native layer is not shown in some Linux distros with
Cinnamon window manager.
- The use of the Browser widget is not supported on Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit LTS
To build iOS apps with LiveCode you must have the appropriate versions of
Xcode as follows:
- macOS 10.13.4: Xcode 10.1 - LiveCode builds iOS apps using the iOS 12.1
- macOS 10.14.4: Xcode 11.3.x - LiveCode builds iOS apps using the iOS
- macOS 10.15.4+: Xcode 12.1.x - LiveCode builds iOS apps using the iOS
There is a full list of working LiveCode/macOS/Xcode combinations here:
Note: Whilst we endeavour to release updated versions of LiveCode
supporting the latest Xcode/iOS SDKs as quickly as possible; we strongly
recommend disabling automatic update of Xcode or downloading the specific
version of Xcode required directly from the Apple developer portal and
installing it separately.
Important: Starting April 26, 2021, all iPhone and iPad apps submitted to
the App Store must be built with Xcode 12 and the iOS 14 SDK or later. This
means that, if you wish to submit apps to the AppStore you will have to be
running at least macOS 10.15.4 in order to be able to install the necessary
version of Xcode.
Please report any bugs encountered on our quality center at
We have a forum available for discussing LiveCode Builder at
The LiveCode Team
More information about the use-livecode