Bug, feature, or just something I need to program around?

Jim Lambert jiml at netrin.com
Thu May 13 15:25:09 EDT 2021

Hi Alex,

You wrote:
>  if I TAB into the field the cursor is initially at the start of the
> field and the key sequence above will move the cursor to the end
> *without* selecting the characters.

In Notes if you are in one note then select a different note and execute Shift-Command-Right Arrow, you will see the same behavior. The insertion point moves to the end of the note without selecting any text.

I merely pointed out this behavior is somewhat akin to what you see in LiveCode as you move from field to field with TAB as long as the autoTab property is false. With autoTab set to true the entire contents of the field is selected.

> if I TAB into the field the cursor is initially at the start of the field

Here the field 'remembers' its previous insertion point during the session rather than always appearing before char 1.

Glad Jacque's autoTab tip works for you!

Jim Lambert