Bug, feature, or just something I need to program around?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Wed May 12 08:25:36 EDT 2021

Thanks Mark. Yes, it is in a sense a workaround - but it's a workaround
the user see/does.

I was hoping to avoid the "surprise" when this one common case doesn't
do what she/he would expect.

Oh - and I've just found the workaround

> on openfield
>    select the selectedchunk
> end openfield
I'll open a bug report tonight, unless I can think of a reason why this
behaviour is an advantage.

btw - many apps, particularly Apple's own apps for Mac, follow a
different method. Tabbing into a single-line field will auto-select the
entire field (multi-line fields don't), while clicking into them does
not. I can't find a way to do that in LC - you get an 'openfield'
message but there's no obvious way to tell whether the field was opened
by a TAB or a click.

Alex.