LiveCode convert seconds to dateItems - year is out by 19?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at me.com
Tue May 11 11:50:22 EDT 2021

According to the Dictionary "LiveCode uses midnight, January 1, 1970 as the start of the eon. Date and time functions are computed from that date.” This is the same as MacOs, according to fandom "The epoch of Mac OS X <https://apple.fandom.com/wiki/Mac_OS_X>, macOS <https://apple.fandom.com/wiki/MacOS>, and most Unix <https://apple.fandom.com/wiki/Unix>-based systems begins at midnight on January 1, 1970 <https://apple.fandom.com/wiki/1970>."

This got me thinking - that this project's files may be on my Mac but courtesy of our work Google Drive via Google FileStream. And according to the wires, FileStream does strange things with creation date on hosting systems. So, I moved the project folder structure from to my Mac’s Documents folder area (ironically, also backed up - this time to iCloud) and everything is working!

I’ll be glad when I finish the project and can deploy it to a standalone that run on a dedicated Raspberry pi without all the ‘helpful’ infrastructure!

Thanks all for the help.
Best,
Keith