the systemversion shows wrong version # on Mac

Phil Davis phil at pdslabs.net
Fri May 7 12:42:03 EDT 2021

If you want the actual macOS system version, you can use the 'sw_vers'
shell command.

    phils-macbook-pro:~ pdslabs2$ sw_vers -productVersion
    10.15.7

    or

    phils-macbook-pro:~ pdslabs2$ sw_vers
    ProductName:    Mac OS X
    ProductVersion:    10.15.7
    BuildVersion:    19H1030

Phil Davis

On 5/7/21 7:25 AM, Andre Garzia via use-livecode wrote:
> Tiemo,
>
> This is not a bug.
>
> MacOS Big Sur will identify itself as both 10.16.0 and 11.x. This is by design so that scripts checking for version compatibility can see Big Sur as just a minor version of 10.x
>
> The version seen depends on both which SDK was used to compile the app, and also on the value of the environment variable called SYSTEM_VERSION_COMPAT.
>
> Best
> Andre
>
>> On 7 May 2021, at 13:00, Tiemo via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>

>> I am on macOS 11.2.3 and the systemversion shows 10.16.0?
>>
>> It shows the same at least going back to 8.1.7
>>

>> Do I have to multiply the systemversion by 1.1053 to get the real one?
>>

>> Tiemo

Phil Davis
503-307-4363