Problems with Multiple Monitors

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu May 6 10:18:06 EDT 2021

On 5/6/2021 4:41 AM, Fred Moyer via use-livecode wrote:

>> On May 4, 2021, at 5:32 PM, Fred Moyer <fmoyer at aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> Anyone having problems with multiple monitors and LC? I’m running 9.6.1 - Mac. I have a feeling LC is confused because I like to connect and disconnect monitors from my MacBook Pro. (Even the MacOS sometimes gets confused.) But now LC is doing crazy things — even when no external monitors are connected. I’ll move the mouse to the top of a stack window, and ask for the Mouseloc and it will return something like "100,-60”. If I click a button in the middle of the stack, the click will register in an object the 60 pixels above that. It’s not always 60 — the wrongness changed as I move the stack around. Other times it works fine. I can’t find a pattern to set it off.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Fred
>>

> Thanks everyone for the interesting replies. I learned a lot (“desktopChanged", "the working screenrects,” difference between "the screenrect" and "the screenrects," etc.) I have a hunch, though, my problem may relate to stack RevMenubar and some accommodation the IDE makes for “the mouseV” depending on whether RevMenubar is showing or whether you have your own menubar or whether that screen has a menubar in it  —  I dunno. I’ve never understood how this works. I notice sometimes, though, when I turn on Toolbar Text, it shows up about 100 or 200 pixels down.
>
> Fred

You might also look in the dictionary at the windowBoundingRect property
- I think it only controls that are that windows van be maximized to,
but I forget the details. It is yet another screen area related
property. I am also not sure that windowBoundingRect is multipel monitor
aware as there is no "windowBoundingRects" (plural) version.