which entity has to be notarized/stapled?

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Thu May 6 05:18:10 EDT 2021

So...

Stapling always staples the app, regardless if it is nested in one  container or more.

When you send your app as  pkg, dmg or as pkg on dmg to apple, then you can staple those containers, because the stapling goes "through" and the stapling information is written to the .app inside the container.

When you sent a .zip file to Apple, then you have to staple the .app itself. You do not need to extract the zip and staple that .app. You can staple the app from which you've created the .zip. The .zip file can be deleted, because it is not needed anymore.

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code