We don't need a Player (was Re: New(?) Idea for Standalones)

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Mon Mar 29 12:58:37 EDT 2021

The days of distributing apps without a cost to the developer are unfortunately over (Mac/Win).  If you want someone to be able to open an app on their Mac without jumping through hoops, then you need to be a paid developer and do the sign/notarize dance.  LC could help automate parts of the process, but getting the certificates seems to require some manual steps.  First advanced session in LCG covered it last week (but since I don’t do it, I did not fully pay attention to all of the details).

Sent from my iPhone