[bug] strange memory leak in LC

Sean Cole (Pi) sean at pidigital.co.uk
Fri Mar 26 09:01:54 EDT 2021

Wow, Andre, that's impressive. That amounts to about 34MB per minute over
48hrs. I've had a pretty massive stack (226MB file at the moment) on my Mac
sitting here over the last week. Looking in the activity monitor, LC has
987MB associated with it. and watching it over a period of time it remains
stable and even went down a tiny bit.

I wonder if this is more an issue with Rosetta2 in this instance. Maybe
something in LC leaks because of the Rosetta transformation of the binary.
Perhaps, as a test, open the same stack on a non-AppleSilicon Mac and watch
them both for how much memory they expend over a period of time.

All the best with that.

Sean

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 at 10:03, Andre Garzia via use-livecode <