LC Server - Check for Screen size?

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Sun Mar 21 07:51:35 EDT 2021

Hi Rick,
here's a sample with some put commands and comments for better understanding.
<?lc
-- read Cookie screeres if available
put $_COOKIE["screenres"] into tScreenRes

if tScreenRes is empty
then
	put "cookie not found. we need to write the cookie<br>"
-- the cookie does not exists or is empty, so we now executing JS, but
-- the following closing tag is mandatory, otherwise the js is not executed
?>
<script>
	let screenwidth = (screen.availWidth);
	let screenheight =(screen.availHeight);
	document.cookie = "screenres="+screenwidth +","+screenheight;
</script>
<?lc
	put "cookie written<br>"
else
	put "Cookie already there<br>"
end if

--now we extract height and width from the var tScreenRes
set the itemdelimiter to ","
put item 1 of tScreenRes to tWidth
put item 2 of tScreenRes to tHeight

--from here take action according the detected screenresolution.
?>

Note: The above script detects and uses the available screen resolution.
Regards,

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code