How to share a recorded sound on iOS?

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed Mar 17 19:25:52 EDT 2021

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code

> Am 18.03.2021 um 00:00 schrieb William de Smet via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Hi Matthias,
>
> Yes I want something like the standard share sheet on iOS.
> And for instance I want to share the .WAV file with Apple Messages.

Now i understand.

> Do I need to associate the .WAV file with other apps?
> Then I have to use custom URL schemes, I think.
> Is that what you mean?

The custom url scheme settings in the standalone builder is for the ios app itself, not for other apps on the iOS device.

I just did a short test with mergPopActivity. I am able to send/share the .caf file located in the documents folder with Telegram, Signal and other apps installed on my iPhone, but not with messages.

But i was able  to copy the file to the clipboard using mergPopActivity and then to paste it into Messages.

Seems Messages does not support the .caf file type.

I used this code for my test
   mergPopActivity "Share with...","" ,"file:"&the documents folder &"/output.caf"